Podiatric Pathology Services
Cockerell Dermatopathology offers diagnostic excellence and unparalleled service in the evaluation of podiatric disorders.
Our podiatric services offering includes the following:
- Diagnostic services encompassing podiatric related disease states such as nail, bone, skin and soft tissue disorders
- Nail bed, matrix and biopsy interpretations available for tumors and inflammatory skin disorders
- Diagnosis of onychomycosis using rapid PAS stain with professional interpretation to diagnose mycotic and non-mycotic causes of nail unit dystrophy
- Fungal growth analysis via DTM agar for tinea infections such as onychomycosis, capitis and corporis
- Peer-to-peer consultative discussions for any cases of concern and treatment recommendations available upon request
- Daily internal diagnostic conferences with multiple dermatopathologists reviewing each difficult case
- Streamlined requisition to simplify ordering process
- In-network health insurance status that ensures a patient-friendly billing experience
- Professional courier network for specimen pickup, as well as air-courier service for overnight delivery of specimens
- Report delivery typically within 24-48 hours via internet results portal, courier, and fax; time-sensitive diagnosis available via telephonic reporting
We would be honored to have the opportunity to discuss ways we can partner to exceed the needs of your practice.